Uploading a release is pretty easy with Magroove, whether it's only one song, an entire album or an EP.
First thing: create you Magroove For Artists account for free by signing up with a Google, Facebook or Spotify account.
As soon as you register you'll be asked to give us your best e-mail and, right after, to give us your project's name. If you have more than one project, you can easily add more later, in your My Releases tab.
Now you can navigate your account's Dashboard and get to know a little better about our services. But if you want to upload a release right away, follow these steps:
Step 1: Select Upload an Album on the Dashboard and select I Want To Upload My Music To Spotify*, or My Music is already on Spotify if you want to upload your music only to Magroove Music Discovery app.
*By selecting I Want To Upload My Music To Spotify you'll be using our free music distribution service that works with an overall 40+ platforms. Your release will be added to Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, Amazon, iTunes and many other streaming platforms and online music stores. It'll also be added to our Music Discovery app.
Step 2: Filling the Form
Now you just have to fill the form - you'll see how easy it is! No more burocracy to get your music on Spotify and other digital platforms. Below there's a checklist of important things regarding the form: if you get them all ready-to-go you'll finish filling the form in under 2 minutes.
- Basic Info: should be pretty quick to fill, just make sure that you give us 3 of your musical influences (it's important for our Music Discovery app), check the box if this song you're uploading has already been released through another distributor and check the box in case your release has one ore more samples
- Song Upload: It's simple to drag n' drop your audio files, we accept most audio formats like MP3, WAV, OGG, AIFF, WMA and FLAC. But if yours are MP3 320kbps 44.1KHz 16 bit the process will be even quicker, since that's format most platforms exclusively accept.
- Songs ISRCs: If you never released your songs or never registered their ISRCs codes, we'll generate them for you. However, if you already have them it's important that you give us the existing ISRC codes of each song.
- Cover Upload: Extra points if you cover is high quality JPG, 3000 x 3000 pixels, no logos of any kind and no links to any social media (DSPs don't allow that kind of information on cover arts). If you don't have a cover or yours don't fit those specifications, you can quickly make a generic one with us and change it later if you wish!
- Final Touches: Give us the copyright info of your release. If you recorded it all yourself you can simply insert your name. Royalties will altogether go to your Magroove Balance which you can check in your Earnings tab. In this step of the form you can also set a release date for your release, which is important if you wish to enable the pre-save option on your Spotify For Artists account (we suggest a future release date of at least 30 days ahead from the day you uploaded your music with us - that's a secure time span to be sure your release will have been moderated by us and the streaming platforms, and so you can pitch for playlists and use the pre-save feature)
- Submit! (Note that if there are any problems with your files, we'll let you know as soon as possible and we'll figure out a solution for them)
Once you submit your release, it'll go through our moderation process. We usually take up to 2 weeks to moderate and deliver releases to stores, and they'll usually take up to 2 weeks moderate and get them online. So your release should be online in 4 weeks or maybe less.